Post-Thanksgiving Blues...

Kickin' it with Karen: Beyond Sauerkraut
After a beautiful Thanksgiving holiday with my husband, here I am back at work. I love my job. I teach some beautiful students and have the best colleagues anyone could ask for. But there is something about the onset of winter and nesting in the cold climes of Minnesota. All I want to do is be at home and make things.

I have a cabbage waiting for me, ready to be turned into sauerkraut. Not just any sauerkraut, but an Apple JalapeƱo Red Sauerkraut. I have Apple Ginger and Orange Ginger Beet Kvass waiting to be bottled. I have a batch of Apple Cider Vinegar that is ready to be placed in a secondary fermentation vessel. And it's Kombucha time! I am ready to make some Pomegranate Kombucha (TO DIE FOR!!!). Oh, and lets not forget the Fermented Green Chili Sauce -SOOOOOOOO GOOD!

But, alas. I am back at work. Dreaming of these delights. Ah well. Work I must. And, somehow, I must find joy today in teaching these young minds and bodies. And I will.

Here's to working and living and loving. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday.

I will be back this week with another of the above recipes.



I'd like to grow my readership. If you enjoyed this blog post, add a comment and share it with a friend. šŸ˜€ Please visit, subscribe and like my YouTube channel "Kickin' it with Karen: Beyond Sauerkraut " to find more things I've made.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple JalapeƱo Sauerkraut

Our Thanksgiving Tradition - Collard Greens and Deep Fried Turkey

The Holiday Season is Upon Us: Homemade Gifts and For Lips